Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mid-week Mini MAC Haul!



Today I popped into MAC hoping to pick up Blankety and Creme Cup lipsticks, and they didn't have either in stock! The lovely sales associate helped me find a couple dupes because I just couldn't leave empty handed. She thought Viva Glam II was a good dupe for Blankety, and she told me Angel (which I already own) is a good dupe for Creme Cup. So I picked up Viva Glam II as well as Ruby Woo lipstick and Pink Lemonade Lipglass. I still plan on purchasing Blankety and Creme Cup at a later time...I just don't believe that they are close enough dupes. And I really want them!!



I'm always happy purchasing Viva Glam lipsticks as ALL proceeds go the MAC AIDS fund. How awesome is that? This shade is a pinkish-beige and is a satin formula.  I think it would look lovely with a smokey eye. Can't wait to try it!

Viva Glam II:
 

Ruby Woo is a lipstick I have been coveting forever! I tried to purchase it sometime last year, and they were sold out. I was talked into purchasing Russian Red, but I was still dying to try Ruby Woo. I'm so happy to have bought it today! :)  It is a vivid blue-red and is a retro matte formula. Apparently this is as matte as lipsticks come!

Ruby Woo:

 

Pink Lemonade is a lipglass I saw in someone's blog recently. Forgive me for not remembering who! It looked beautiful though, and I was dying to try it. MAC describes it as flamingo pink. It looks like a beautiful shade for spring!

Pink Lemonade:

 
 
Here's swatches in natural light; right to left, Viva Glam II, Ruby Woo and Pink Lemonade
 


 


And with flash

 
 
Thanks so much for reading! :)

 

21 comments:

  1. Thank you dear! Followed back :)
    Great haul!I love MAC lipsticks!
    xx

    http://amulhereamoda.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors!!! Especially the first one! So pretty!

    http://beautyofheworld.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love them too :D

      Delete
  3. I love them colours ! Good haul ! I need a MAC lipstick in my life (:

    http://beautybysania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sania! And I think every lady should have at least one :)

      Delete
  4. I hate it when my MAC counter doesn't have the shades I want in stock. However, Ruby Woo is so beautiful! I need to just take the plunge and buy it.

    simplylinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't that the worst! But yes, very happy with Ruby Woo! :) You must get it!

      Delete
  5. Hello!
    After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
    "International Directory Blogspot" It's 165 Countries and 8790 Websites !
    Missing yours join us
    If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
    It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
    So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
    I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
    To find out more about us, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby Woo is the best mac lipstick ever! I use it all the time:')
    Lovely blog, will like it now x

    gracierosee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gracie! :) I'm loving Ruby Woo. So happy to finally have it!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful shades - I think I need a little MAC mini haul to keep the week going too :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josie! :) It always makes the week a little better :) xo

      Delete
  8. That's okay :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog too!
    Fancy doing a follow for follow? I've liked your blog x

    gracierosee.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and no problem! Sure I'll follow you! :) xo

      Delete
  9. Great post! I've been meaning to pick up that lip glass! Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm now following :)
    http://violabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the viva glam lipstick looks like a lovely shade!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Sarah! I think it's beautiful :)

      Delete
  11. I've recently just bought my first MAC lipstick and let's just saw it won't be that last one I get lol! I loveeeeee them:) The lip glass looks like something I would wear:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting!!! I bet you'll have a ton in no time ;)

      Delete