Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Makeup look - MAC Brave Red and Stila Eyeshadow

Hi beauty lovers! After a rough week, I indulged in some makeup loving therapy this evening. :) Just wanted to share a quick look I did. I was going for a minimal eye and a red lip. This is one of my favourite reds!



I'm wearing Brave Red by MAC on my lips. On MAC's website, it's described as a bright yellow red, and it's a Cremesheen forumla. I love red lipsticks and own quite a few. I find this shade very flattering for my skintone. I don't find it drying, and I find it lasts for hours. I took this pic many hours ago, and it still looks fresh on my lips. You can purchase this lipstick for $18 CAD at MAC, of course. :)

On my eyes I'm wearing Bare and Kitten eyeshadow by Stila and Stila's Smudgestick eyeliner in Damsel. All from the In the Light palette. I wrote a little review on the In the Light palette here. You can purchase this palette from Shopper's Drug Mart or Sephora for $50

On my short, thin lashes, I'm wearing Lancome Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Base Mascara and Benefit Bad Gal Lash. I also curled them with my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. My lashes need all the help they can get, and I find myself really loving the Lancome Base and Bad Gal Lash combo. I'll have to do another post later showing a before and after of my lashes with and without these products. I bought both of these at Shoppers Drug Mart, but you can purchase them online at Sephora.ca. The Lancome Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Base Mascara (that's a mouthful and a half...lol) is priced at $28, and the Benefit Bad Gal Lash is $26.

On my cheeks I'm wearing Dollymix by MAC. This is a powder blush, and MAC describes it as pure candy pink, sheertone shimmer. I find it lasts a good four hours before I need to touch up. Other blushes last longer on me, but I do love the colour of this! You can purchase it for $24 CAD at MAC.

Thanks so much for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Natalie! :) Btw, I've tried following your yummy blog for a few days now, but your google friend thing is not showing up on my stupid computer. I'll keep trying!

      Delete