Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mail Haul - Nars, Smashbox, Real Techniques


Hello beauty lovers! :)

I just wanted to share with you a midweek mail haul. The Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman are wonderful for the price! I’m sure most of you know Samantha from her Pixiwoo vids on YouTube. I love all of her and her sister’s videos, and I love the tiny brushes they use on their faces, and how the brushes seem to blend everything so seamlessly. I just had to get my hands on them!  I purchased the Expert Face Brush. I actually received this brush last week, so I’ve been able to use it several times since. It applies my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation flawlessly! I always have a tough time finding reasonably priced brushes that won’t streak, and this one is perfect.  I love this brush! It is so dense and soft. My only gripe would be the thick handle which makes it impossible to store with my other brushes. I know it was designed this way to stand upright on your vanity, but I prefer to store my brushes away. 

Here’s the write up from their website:

Ultra firm and broad for application and blending of cream or liquid foundation:
Look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
Ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and
100% cruelty-free
Self-standing for easy storage
Extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use

The brush sells on their website for $9, but they only ship to the US. I bought mine on eBay, and it can also be purchased for $8.99 USD on iherb. I’ve ordered from iherb many times over the last few years, and I’ve always had excellent service!

Yesterday I received the Real Techniques Core Collection brush set. I haven’t tried these brushes yet, but I think I’ll post a review when I do. Included in this set is:

The Contour Brush (delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish)
The Pointed Foundation Brush (use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage)
The Detailer Brush (precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long lasting shape and definition)
The Buffing Brush (ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation)

These are all included in a Panoramic Case:

Dual carrier and stand keeps brushes organized on your counter or on the go.

I’m excited to try these! I bought these on ebay, but again you can get them from iherb for $17.99
USD. They are all very soft, dense (though not as dense as the Expert Face Brush) and small. I like the size of them as I find many brushes are just too large for my face.  

I also received an order from Kiss and Makeup. I got a Nars Blush in Sin and Smashbox Shades of Fame,Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss Set

The Nars Blush in Sin is a beautiful , highly pigmented shade of mauve/plum with some fine shimmer. It’s unlike any other blush I own, so I’m happy to have it in my collection. :) I own many Nars blushes, and I love them all.

The Smashbox Shades of Fame Lip Gloss Set contains 5 glosses in the shades Candy, Buff, Hibiscus, Papaya and Star. I didn’t find these glosses overly sticky, and I haven’t been able to test their longevity yet. I’ll report back when I do. I’m most excited to use Star! I think it will look lovely over a red lipstick.

I purchased the Smashbox gloss set for $29, and the Nars Blush for $26 from  kissandmakeupny.com. Shipping in the US and Canada is free! I didn’t get charged any duty or customs fees, either. Shipping took about 5 business days. I couldn’t be happier, and I would definitely recommend this company!

Here's a few pictures...sorry about the bad quality. It's been very overcast here lately:


 
From left to right, the Expert Face Brush, the Contour Brush, the Pointed Foundation brush, the Detailer Brush and the Buffing Brush
 
 
Nars Blush in Sin, Smashbox Shades of Fame Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss Set, from left to right in, Candy, Buff, Hibiscus, Papaya, Star
 

Here's some swatches of Nars Sin and the Smashbox Lip Glosses in Candy, Buff, Hibiscus, Papaya and Star


 
Thanks so much for reading! :)

5 comments:

  1. Great review, Steph! Thanks! I love the colour of that Nars blush!! And I desperately need to try the Real Techniques brushes! They're decently priced!!
    I've never heard of kissandmakeupny.com I'll have to look into them, but I will want to buy 10000000 things and have to walk away with nothing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) You should definitely try the Real Techniques! Let me know because I think I have a referral discount to share. And the prices on kissandmakeupny.com are really decent! It's the American prices, and no tax, or shipping or customs. Pretty awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm...i need to do this. Lets talk more on the weekend about this!! :D

      Delete
  3. The real techniques brushes look amazing and the price is really great!

    ReplyDelete